Sunday, September 15, 2013

ONE Year ago today...

Jim and I were sitting outside of Red Lobster waiting for a table for dinner. 

We were celebrating being married for 4 WEEKS! 

As I mentioned before in {this post}, Red Lobster has become a special place for us mainly because of this night one year ago. 

Jim and I knew that we wanted to have kids and were excited to start a family. We had chosen to wait to have sex until we were married and decided that we wouldn't use any birth control. It had taken my mom a long time to get pregnant with me, and since I have hypothryroidism, I was worried it might take us awhile too. 

We knew there was a chance that we could get pregnant right away, but we were ready if that did happen. In our excitement, we had taken a couple pregnancy tests a few days earlier, just wondering if maybe I was already pregnant. They both had come back negative. 

At dinner this night ONE year ago, we were talking about life over the past 4 weeks and Jim just had a strong feeling that I might be pregnant. I wasn't a fan of the idea of taking another test. I was okay if we weren't pregnant yet, as we weren't really trying...we just weren't preventing. But it was still disappointing to see those negative tests every time. Needless to say, Jim convinced me to take another test that night when we got home...after I had had a drink at dinner! Ooops! :/ 

Well....

Here is what we saw:

(on the Syracuse onesie we bought on Part 2 of our Honeymoon in New York)

Notice how faint that second pink line was?? We stared at that thing unsure if it was real!! And then googled like crazy about faint lines! 

And then rushed to the store to buy more tests as that had been my last one! I still remember how nervous and excited I was and how pale white hubby turned! 

WE WERE PREGNANT!!!!! 

And now, one year later, we have the most adorable baby boy! Never knew my love for another person could keep growing so much! 


Such a smiley happy boy he is the light of our lives! :) And this day, one year ago, forever changed our lives! Love you baby boy! 

To read about my pregnancy with Christian, click {here}.


6 comments :

  1. How exciting!!! God knows exactly what you need and when you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! CRAZY how much things can change in 1 year! WOW!! Christian is seriously ADORABLE & I am so thankful to have found your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Our lives are SO different! But we love it!!! :) And thanks...we think so too but we are a bit biased :) Love following your blog too!

      Delete
  3. So exciting to see how far you have come in 1 year --- but if we're counting lets look at 2 years ago you had barely meet Jim & now look at where you are with a happy family :)
    Ps. I love the new picture of you & Christian in the brown ruffled dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH! I know! So crazy right!??! Who would have thought!! Just goes to show, we really can't plan our lives...God is in control! And thanks! :) I love it too!!

      Delete

09 10