Friday, March 14, 2014

Life Lately

Hello! It's me over here! Yes, Chandelle! I know I haven't been around much lately but I'm alive and thought I should at least give a quick update! 

For starters...did you know we are moving!?!?! 

Yep. That's right. We are moving from out cute little townhouse to a 
single family home in just 12 days!! Yikes. 

Here it is! 


Can I get some more boxes?? 

And a moving van?? Er...truck?? 

How do we have so much stuff!?!

 Needless to say my time has been occupied not only with a busy little always on the go guy who is getting into everything, but also with packing! The second he goes down for a nap I get to packing. And well, we are currently out of boxes so here I am finding time to blog! 

That brings me to the next big thing going on our lives...I think Christian is
  transitioning to only 1 nap already!!! How did that happen so fast!?! Don't get me wrong {but maybe call me weird} I am SO excited for him to take just one nap a day!! That means we can go out in the morning and do stuff and see people and not have to worry about being home in time {so early} to get in a morning nap. Bring on the fun! Just in time for warm weather and summer!!! 

At least this is what he has been like the past few days and today he actually made it until after lunch to go down for his nap...so here's to hoping that continues! Oh and umm...somehow he is already 
almost 10 months old!!!! Ah! I love this age and he is so fun but I'm so sad that he is growing up so fast! 

Stay tuned -- A 9 month baby update is coming soon!! *hopefully* 




In all of the busyness that is our lives right now, though, at least I have one less distraction -- Social Media! Have you noticed the radio silence lately?? Well, that's because I gave up social media for lent! I have a bet going with my husband that I won't go back after lent...We will see. 

You are probably thinking "isn't blogging social media??" Well....yes, I guess it is. But it isn't the distraction for me that facebook, instagram, and twitter are...or even pinterest! 

And boy have I been loving pinterest! So many house ideas!!! Can't wait to get started on some house projects for sure! Be ready for some DIY posts! Woo hoo! That is if I can find the time to blog about them :) 

Anyway, back to my social media fast...I feel like social media creates a lot of pressure and comparisons in my life, not to mention that it's a major distraction. So I'm "patching" this area of my life so that I might be able to see God more clearly instead and hear his heart for me and it just happens to go along with my One Word for 2014 - Simplify

I just ordered 2 books for Christian about Easter! Can't wait for them to get here and even more I can't wait for next Easter and Christmas and every other season to teach him about Jesus! 



Well, I think that's all for now. Hopefully the next time you hear from me you will be reading a 9 month baby update! Christian is only like 2 weeks away from being 10 months old! Eeek! I'm so behind in those posts and keeping my pictures organized...ai yi yi! 

Right now I just have all of my pictures on my computer saved by year and season...So either a fall 2013, winter 2013, spring 2013, summer 2013 or Christian 0-3 months, Christian 3-6 months...I'm planning to switch to just month and year...but to get it all organized is quite the project. I don't even print them! 

Any tips for keeping pictures organized!?!? 
Did you give up anything for lent?
What are your favorite books or activities to teach your kids about Easter?
What is going on in your life lately? 
I would love to hear from you! Thanks for reading :) 


2 comments :

  1. I can completely identify with social media. I try my best to not be consumed. And part of that for me is not having a smart phone. That means when I go play outside with Grace or really inside she has my full attention. (minus folding clothes etc.)
    Can't wait to see more on the house!!!!! Owning a house is the best!
    Katie
    godslittlegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a smart phone is definitely the worst!! But having a techy husband means that I have a smart phone :/ lol But doesn't mean I have to use all of its capabilities! Meaning....I think I need to keep my apps to a minimum! I want to make sure Christian has my full attention when we play too :) Minus the laundry and dishes ha ha

      Delete

09 10