Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Day in My Life -- {In Pictures}

Sometimes being a stay at home mom can be overwhelming...especially with an active toddler! I find myself wondering some days how I will every fit it all in, how I will every keep up, or even just how will I find a second to go to the bathroom alone...without Christian climbing into the sink 
{For real...it has happened!} 

With the overwhelming feelings sometimes come the feelings of doubt...that I must be doing something wrong. I must not be planning our days "right". 

And then I read a blog post by my friend Nicole Joelle who also has an active little boy about Christian's age and I realized I'm doing just fine! Our days actually look quite similar! 

So while this post is partly to save a snapshot of our lives right now as Christian is 18 months old, its also to hopefully encourage you if you are feeling overwhelmed in your days!

::A Day in My Life::

7:00am My alarm goes off and I lay in bed waking up until I hear Christian wake up
7:15am Christian wakes up and watches a cartoon while I make breakfast
7:30am We eat breakfast and also read the Bible and do our Christmas devotional 




8:00am I clean up breakfast while Christian plays and dances to music and climbs everything. I take him down from the chair about 100 times a day! We also play a quick game of hide and seek while I am cleaning up


8:15am Christian poops (sorry TMI) :) I change his diaper and get him dressed. He then finds daddy's church work shirt and name tag and dresses up like daddy :) 
"Forget the nursery, Hosanna! Put me on staff!" ~Christian 


He also has to help me make the bed...


By about 8:30am I'm back to finishing the dishes..with my little helper! 



8:45am We start our morning activity! On this day we did a beaded candy cane. Christian actually was interested in this for awhile and it was a good fine motor activity, but I had to help a lot and make sure he didn't eat the beads...or dump them every where :) 


9:00am I finally get to get dressed and Christian has a little snack 


9:30am We had an impromptu play date at our house...play dough fun with Christian's friend Cooper


11:00am Lunch time! 


11:30am Diaper change, stories and nap time for Christian!



Then mommy time! 

I catch up on emails, work on a blog post, have some time on the computer, make the grocery list....


Print some coloring sheets for our afternoon activity...


Work on some Christmas present crafting...



By about 2:00pm Christian wakes up from his nap and we do some coloring. Coloring sheets definitely aren't developmentally appropriate and he isn't the biggest fan of coloring on anything but a blank sheet but I thought it would be fun to be able to talk about the pictures...it didn't really go that way ha ha 


After about 10 minutes of coloring, by about 2:10pm, we read some Christmas stories before Christian started doing some exploring and I realized it as time for extra toddler proofing to our closet...


3:00pm Snack time! 


3:30pm We head down to the play room for some fun! 


Little monster boy does some more exploring....I'm convinced there is no such thing as "toddler proofing"...if there is, please let me know! I need tips! 



4:00pm Daddy is home!!! 


I finally get to take a shower while Christian helps daddy make dinner 

5:00pm Eat dinner 


By 6:00pm we head out the door to go see Christmas lights and a live nativity before heading to a Christmas concert! 


Loved this house...Ditto with arrows to the neighbors displays! HA!! 


The living nativity at a local church.


We didn't get home until about 8:30/9pm so it was well past Christian's bedtime. We got him to bed and then had some relaxing time watching a little tv before heading to be ourselves by about 10:30pm.

What do your days look like? How do you stay sane in the midst of the hectic days if you're a sahm? Have you been to a live nativity before? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10