Saturday, December 20, 2014

Toddler Approved Christmas Crafts

 

It's been so fun being able to really start doing some art projects with Christian! I like to think that he has been enjoying it as well! 

After sharing my favorite Toddler Approved Fall Crafts and getting so much interest, I thought I would go ahead and share some of our Favorite Toddler Approved Christmas Crafts too! 
{Winter craft post to come soon!}


1. Beaded Candy Cane 
I shared about this craft in the Day in My Life Post
Basically you put a little stub or twist the pipe cleaner at the end to keep the beads on. Then let you little one go to town threading the beads onto the pipe cleaner. This was a little tricky for Christian at 18 months, but with a little help he could do it. I did have to make sure he didn't eat the beads (and I had to help him with the pattern). Again, twist the end and bend into a candy cane shape. 


2. Pom Pom Painted Christmas Tree
Using clothespins, "pinch" pom poms and let your little one use this as their "paint brush" dipping and dotting on their pre-cut (probably by you!) Christmas tree. Let them dip and dot until their hearts content! Christian needed some modeling to be able to do this, but his friend Jackson (almost 3) caught on much quicker, but still liked to paint like it was a brush. Whatever works! That's what is great about this project! You could even let your little one shake on some glitter or glue actual pom poms to the tree. Christian isn't too into gluing yet, so we stuck with just the paint. 



3. Painted Paper Plate Christmas Bulb
This craft stemmed from the Pom Pom Christmas Tree. I used the paper plates for the kids to put their pain on to dip into. After awhile Christian started painting the plate too. So I let him go at it and added some extra paint for him to smear around. Then I just added a little square of construction paper and taped on a twisty tie for the hook and it was a Christmas bulb! 


4. Hand Print and Foot Print Nativity Scene
This was honestly more of a "mom project" as I had to paint his feet and hands and do the prints and add the Bible verse and draw in the faces etc. But it's crazy to see how much his hands and feet have grown since the last project we did! And I think Christian enjoyed the tickles of getting painted! 


To see more of the fun crafts we will be trying be sure to follow me on Pinterest...specifically my Christmas and Winter Boards. 

What are some of your favorite crafts to do with your little one this Christmas season? 



2 comments :

  1. These are great ideas thanks!!! I am not the most crafty person, but Grace LOVES it so I am always looking for more ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I studied early childhood in college so between that and pinterest I try to come up with some things! :)

      Delete

09 10